Saturday, May 7, 2011

Slow Food

I am pleasantly surprised at the way my body is responding so far to my Transformation. Yesterday I made a sandwich of organic turkey breast with avocado slices (instead of mayo!), a pinch of sea salt and a tiny dash of garlic pepper, with romaine lettuce on pumpernickel bread. It was FABULOUS! I really enjoyed it too. I sat down to eat, drank some hot green tea with it, and just took my time eating for once. I watched my little dogs, Ruffy and Sassy, playing around....did some quiet thought-prayers about things going on in my world right now...just relaxed and had a totally peace-filled eating experience. SOOOO different from my past eating times...rushing through a McDonald's line, stuffing a cardboard burger down quickly before the light turns green again!

It's all about a lifestyle change, not a diet. I am not depriving myself of anything. I can eat what I want, when I want. The difference is in the WANT. I just do not want to eat junk food as much as I want my body to recover its fitness. I do not want to eat late at night and wake up feeling bloated, with a headache from the caffeine and sugar and salt.

My desire is for fitness, health in all areas of my life. This is just a beginning, but oh, what a beginning it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment